Wednesday, June 15, 2011

LotR: Fellowship of the Ring

Not sure how many people are aware, but Lord of the Rings is being released on BlueRay, and this means its returning to theatres for one night and one night only. That means one night per film, not one night for all three films. That would be a bit ridiculous. Though a few of us have done it before. I think it was only myself, Drea, Karen, Amy, and Duana. I'm not sure. And we were all RIDICULOUSLY slap-happy by the end of it. Orc hickeys.

Needless to say, I flipped out when I found out. I bought my tickets immediately, and have had them for approximately a month. Tuesday, June 14th was the night of the first film, Fellowship of the Ring. And it was not just the movie....it was the EXTENDED EDITION. Plus, I do believe that the BluRay edition has even more added footage. I don't think I need to tell you that I was in my glory.

Jess, Meg, and Dave were all there with me. And we were all obnoxious. Luckily, I think JRR Tokien would have no problem with our mockery (despite my great love for the books and films, I still make tons of jokes). CHRISTOPHER Tolkien would be ripshit pissed, but he's sort of a twatwaffle.

The only problem I had with it was that it could have started a little earlier. To get out of the movies around 11 is a bit late. I mean, the Best Picture Showcase every winter gets out around 11, but I always make sure I don't have to work the day after, and I also sleep in my own bed. This time, I slept over Meg's/Dave's, and had work at 10. Its not as if that's early, but I didn't sleep well. Not anyone's fault.....I just don't always sleep well in beds that aren't my own, and this was one of those nights.

But the film was, as always, EPIC, so it was alllll worth it. Can't wait for the 21 and the 28, when I'll see Two Towers and Return of the King.

No comments:

Post a Comment